If you search for a user account, you doesn´t see the Attribute Editor tab in the properties of the user account.
First the „Advanced Features“ have to be activated in the “Active Directory Users and Computers” console. Just select View and click on Advanced Features.
Using a LDAP Query:
- Right-click Saved Queries and click the New-Query option
- Type in a name for your saved query, such as "Search SamAccount"
- Click the Define Query button
- Under the Find drop-down list, select Custom Search
- Click the Advanced tab
- Type in your query
Using the group trick:
- Search for a user
- Click on the member of tab
- Open a group from user
- Close the user properties tab
- Search for the user in the group member tab and double click him
- Now you should see the Attribute Editor tab
Using Active Directory Administrative Center instead of ADUC
If you are using the AD Administrative Center you can directly access the Attribute Editor after a search.